Sunday 8 July 2012


LIU WEI LI                 S3-09               03/07/12
two point four kilometers run
         The holidays had finally ended and it was time to go back to school. It is Tuesday today and I got very tired today. I was really looking forward to the reading program in the morning because I could continue reading Sophie’s World. I had this kind of feeling when I was reading Sherlock Holmes, Harry Porter and some other books before. I always wanted to finish reading a good book in one day. 
          I actually did learn a lot of things in this book. For example, I knew about a famous philosopher called Socrates. He was a very wise man even if he is living in modern time. He said that the smartest person is the man who knows that he himself knows very little thing. I think this makes sense because the one who thinks himself a very smart man always fail. The one who always think he need to know more things always success. However, the reading program was only about fifteen minutes so that was what I could read during this short time. I won’t have read this much if it was an English book. 
          The most terrible thing that happened today is the sixteen minutes’ run in today’s PE lesson. I really wanted to kill myself during the last several minutes of running. I felt quite OK at the beginning, everyone run in two lines with Mr. Dennis for about eight minutes outside the school. Then, we turned back and that was the time we were allowed to run on our own. I did not want to be the last so I had to keep running and that was exactly what was killing me. I was not good at long run, my stamina was very poor. I could run very fast if I was had a two-hundred-meter run. But this was a two-thousand-and-four-hundred run. This seemed impossible when I was in China because the longest distance I ran in China was just about one thousand meters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment