Saturday 7 July 2012


LIU WEI LI                   S3-09              25/06/12
The new term starts
            Today is finally Monday and the new term finally starts. I went to the school with a very good mood today because I had enough rest yesterday. Just as I entered the canteen, I heard someone shouted out my name. I looked around, it was Marcus who is a member of the basketball team. I came to him and he asked me when did I come back from China. 
             As usual, we went to the Multi Purpose Hall to attend the morning assembly. There is no reading program today because it is the first day of school. Mr. Chua came and talked to us. He talked about his aim for the new term. After that, we went back to classroom and began our first lesson which was CE. Ms. Lim talked about a lot of things during this period. She talked about the things that happened last term as well as the future. She also talked about the Chinese oral exam because it is coming really soon. I know everybody is worrying about that right now. However, the exam is still in three weeks’ time and we should not be so worried about that right now. We should worry about this two weeks’ study first. 
             The first school day passed very quickly because we did not have anything else to do after school. I went straight back to my hostel after school. I am very excited about this Wednesday because it will be a holiday again due to the parents’ conference day. I felt so lucky because the students in other schools still need to go back to school while I can rest on my comfortable bed. We never had holidays because of parents’ conference day when I was in China so this was a little bit surprise for me. We are going to have another holiday on next Monday because of the Youth Day. These are the holidays I did not know until I came to Singapore. I am very happy there are a lot of holidays in Singapore and I wish there were even more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment