Saturday 7 July 2012


LIU WEI LI               S3-09            24/06/12
Preparing Chinese Oral 
           Today is the last day of the holiday and the contradictions are still in my mind. However, I was still a little excited about the new term because it will be a new start for me after the bad work of last term. I hope to see my improvements this term. 
           I finished all my homework before lunch time today and I decided to study after lunch because I need to prepare for the coming Chinese oral exam. Although speaking Chinese is quite easy for me, I am not good at public speaking. I am afraid that I will be very nervous and do not know what to say during the exam. The part which we are required to read a passage is very easy and the other part of answering the examiner’s questions is easy as well. The part which I was worrying about is the picture commenting. We are required to talk about the details in the picture and comment on the social phenomenon shown in the picture. What I was worrying about was that I am afraid that I will be too nervous to comment on the picture properly. Jinming told me that this was what he was worrying about as well. It seems like a common problem of the students. I am sure that this will be even much harder for my classmates as speaking Chinese is already quite hard for some of them. 
            After a while, I found that there was nothing much to prepare but I still felt that I was not well prepared. Anyway, I decided to continue to prepare another day because I still have about three weeks before the exam. I am sure that I will be well prepared at that time. What I need to worry about is tomorrow because the new term is going to start tomorrow. I am sure there will be a lot of new work coming since tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment