Thursday 21 June 2012


LIU WEI LI         S3-09          28/05/12
Preparing for Math competition
        Today is Monday and the Math Olympiad competition will be held tomorrow. After the Math competition, I can prepare to go back to China. My flight is at one thirty on Thursday. I think I won’t be able to fall asleep on Wednesday night due to my over excitement.
        The competition will be held tomorrow at the school’s auditorium room. I am not looking forward to this competition because I am sure that I will not pass this competition. I won’t be able to get to the next round. I am very poor at Math Olympiad though I seem to be better than many of my classmates. I am very bad at this comparing to many students coming from China. They can solve some very complicated questions in several seconds but I will not be able to solve the questions even though I spend my whole life for it.
        After having lunch, I decided to do something to prepare for the competition so that I won’t get very low score. I spent about fifteen minutes to think about what I should do to prepare for it. Soon, I found out that I could revise the worksheets given by the Math Olympiad teacher. The worksheets that the teacher gave us were quite simple for me and I was very sure that the questions on tomorrow’s paper won’t be this easy. Therefore, I think that revising these worksheets was useless. At the end, I found out that I got nothing to revise for tomorrow’s competition. Because of this, I started to pack my things and be ready to go back to China on Thursday. I could go back a lot earlier if I do not need take part in the Singapore Math Olympiad competition. I was not very happy about this competition which I definitely won’t pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment