Thursday 21 June 2012


LIU WEI LI        S3-09        02/06/12
Meeting a friend
      Today is Saturday and I went to see a friend. He was one of my classmates when I was in secondary school in China. However, he was a little bit different from the others because he did not go to a normal high school as the others. Instead, he went to a conservatory of music.
      When we were in secondary two, one of my friends started to play guitar as interest and he also became very interested in it. Then, he also started to learn guitar on his own. Later on, he became very good at playing guitar while the other one gave up. When we came to secondary three and had to decide where to go after we left secondary school. He decided to go to an academy of music. At that time, our form teacher was very worried and angry about this because he thought going to an academy of music has no future.
      Anyway, we met at a shopping mall after he finished his French lesson. Then, he took me to a restaurant he went every day. Even the waitress there knew him very well. We talked while we were eating. He asked me a lot of things about Singapore and told me about his life in Guangzhou. He told me that he just took a big exam and had a six-month holiday. I hope I can have such a long holiday like him.
      After lunch, he took me to his little apartment. He lived in a little apartment in Guangzhou together with his sister. His sister barely goes home, so basically he lives there alone. He told there is another classmate of ours started to live alone nearby. I think living alone is very good for them because it can help them become independent. At about three o’clock, he said that he wanted to take a nap so I went home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment